- 5. Make sure the cables and black ground wire are all exiting the SBI through the available slots. If you are going to mount the SBI with the 3M dual lock material attach the back cover with the nuts and screws provided screws coming through from the back and the nuts will pull down into the holes on the front. Remove the adhesive covering on one side of 3M dual lock and press material firmly to back cover. Apply the other side in the same manner to your chosen mounting surface. If you will be mounting the SBI with the screws then mount the back cover to your chosen location by drilling small pilot holes into the mounting surface on two opposite corners of the back cover and use the shorter sheet metal screws to attach. Once it is attached drill pilot holes in the other two holes and mount the SBI with the longer screws going through from the front of the SBI into the pilot holes.
- 6. Connect one red cable to the positive terminal of each battery
- 7. Connect the Black cable between the two negative terminals of the batteries
- 8. Connect the small black ground wire of the SBI to one of the negative terminal or a common ground.
- 9. Reconnect the main battery
- 10. Start your vehicle and verify all is operating correctly (remember it takes a couple minutes for the main battery to reach activation level after starting)
These ATV/UTV Dual Battery kits are fantastic and because they contain a high end large capacity TRUE Smart Battery Isolator they can actually be used in your boat, car or anywhere your two batteries will be in close proximity to one another.