- 12V 140amp Smart Battery Isolator with Cut-In: 13.4V
- Cut-Out: 12.9V
- Easy-3 wire connection at the battery. This True® smart isolator does not need to bypass existing alternator wiring.
- True® dual smart battery isolator setup has no volt drop. Conventional diode isolators incur a minimum of 0.6-volt drop.
- Compact size – No large heat sink.
- This smart isolator is a cost-effective solution.
- Dual Sensing Technology
- Official True® retailer.
- Lifetime flat fee replacement.
- Compact, durable and smarter.
- Anti-vibration and corrosive proof
*The True® Smart Battery Isolator (SBI) is programmed with a 10-second delay before engaging or disengaging.
- DC Power: 12V
- Continuous Current Rate: 140A
- Intermittent Current Rate: 170A
- Back-up Current at 12.5V: <=13.0mA
- Ignition Protection: UL1107/UL1500
- Operation Temperature Range: -30 to 105°C T
- Delivery: USPS first class or priority mail
True® Dual battery Smart isolator can be installed between batteries with a common ground to automatically control the charging process to the batteries but continue to provide isolation of them when a charging source is unavailable. The small size and rugged construction of these units allow for quick simple installation for even the most novice Driver.
True® Smart dual battery isolator sensing features
To make things even better this unit is “Dual Sensing” which senses the charge of both batteries. If either battery is receiving a charge, e.g. a battery charger is connected to the auxiliary battery; the SBI True® battery isolator system kit will engage and charge both batteries.
The advanced technology always ensures that the first battery is fully charged (13.4v) before the connection is made to the second battery. This prevents problems that may result from your charging source being too low in amps to charge all batteries at once. If placed in linear sequence between each battery the True® 12v smart dual battery isolator can provide proper charging for several batteries in multiple battery setups such as in larger boats that may have 2 or more house batteries.
You can easily see by the picture of 12v True® dual smart battery isolator below the unit is designed to withstand moisture with the silicone-covered circuit board. Although I would not plan on mounting in a position where it would be submerged it is certainly designed to take all the splashing, dripping, spilling, and other various wet conditions that would come along.
Notice also the clearly labeled connection posts and the black common ground lead. To be even more convenient all four sides are designed with “knockouts” so that you can easily route your connecting wires in any direction.
|True part number
|Cut in voltage
|Cut out voltage
On: Isolator engaged
Off: Isolator disengaged
2.7(L) x 2.7(W) x 1.95(H) inches
(These videos are not endorsed or represented as an “Official Installation video” by True Amalgamated and True Amalgamated accepts no responsibility for its content. It is produced by the end-user as stated. Follow entirely at your own risk.)
True® smart battery isolator installed to Van
True® smart battery isolator installed to Ford E350 Van
RV installation of True® smart battery isolator
True® smart battery isolator flawlessly installed to RV
2019 GM Truck dual battery setup video
Truck and car battery isolator switch installation video