Dual battery install kit contents
- 1 (SBI) Smart Battery Isolator kit with mounting screws
- 20 feet #6 high flex red cable with tinned copper cable lugs
- 3 feet #6 high flex black cable with tinned copper cable lugs
- 2 positive brass alloy battery terminal ends
- 1 negative brass alloy battery terminal end
- 3 loose crimp on tinned copper cable lugs
- 2 sections of adhesive lined shrink tube
- 5 zip ties
- 1 installation instructions booklet
- Delivery: USPS first class or priority mail
Everything you need to do the job right yourself.
- Suitable for 12V Automotive, Marine, 4WD, Caravan & Solar
- 140 Amp Voltage Sensitive Relay
- Priority charging for starting battery
- Alternator outputs up to 150 amps
- Fully automatic, proven technology
- Easy to install DIY dual battery wiring kit
- Waterproof cable and heat resistant up to 130deg.
It utuilizes the simplest and most advanced technology to keep all your batteries charged using the engine’s electrical system but isolating the starting battery so you never get stranded.
The 12V dual battery kit uses the same relay we have installed in our boat and camper to keep the accessory batteries charged but isolating the starter battery system so it stays charged. The great thing about these is that you don’t have to reroute any alternator wires and they are all automatic.
The 12v dual battery isolator kit allows for safe charging and separation of starting and auxiliary batteries in all Volt Marine, 4WD, Caravan and Solar applications.When the engine is started, starting and auxiliary batteries are separated allowing only the starting battery to be charged. When the charge voltage reaches 13.3 volts the voltage sensitive relay engages allowing both the starting and auxiliary batteries to be charged.
This is indicated by the light in the top LH corner being illuminated.
When the engine is stopped and the battery voltage falls below 12.8 volts the (VSR) Voltage-sensitive relay disengages separating the start and auxiliary batteries, at this point the indicator light will be out and the dual battery isolator kit continues to power any accessories without risk of draining the starting battery.
The VSR also has Dual Sensing which senses the charge of both batteries. If either battery is receiving a charge, e.g. a battery charger is connected to the auxiliary battery; the VSR will engage and charge both batteries.
The 12v dual battery kit is easy to install and comes with all components and instructions required to complete the install. There is no need to cut into any factory wiring that may void the manufacturer’s warranty.