Utah offers a plethora of stunning UTV (Utility Terrain Vehicle) trails that showcase its diverse landscapes. Some of the best UTV trails in Utah include:
- Moab: Moab is a renowned off-road destination with numerous UTV trails. The “Hell’s Revenge” trail is famous for its slickrock challenges and breathtaking views. “Fins and Things” is another popular side by side trails in Utah that offers a mix of slickrock and sand.
- Sand Hollow State Park: This park is a UTV enthusiast’s paradise, featuring red rock formations and sand dunes. The “Sand Mountain” trail is a favorite among visitors, and the “West Rim” trail provides scenic vistas.
- Arapeen OHV Trail System: Located in the Manti-La Sal National Forest, this trail system offers a variety of difficulty levels. The “Ephraim Canyon” trail provides a mix of mountain and forest terrain.
- Piute ATV Trail: This extensive trail system covers diverse landscapes, including forests, meadows, and high mountain passes. The trail offers stunning views of the Tushar Mountains.
- Mill Canyon ATV Trail offers a mix of off-road experiences, including scenic views, slickrock challenges, and diverse terrain. The trail is known for its red rock formations and panoramic vistas, providing an authentic Moab off-road experience. Moab is famous for its breathtaking landscapes, and Mill Canyon is no exception. The trail is likely to offer stunning vistas of the surrounding red rock canyons, which is a characteristic feature of the area.
- Marysvale Area Trails: The Paiute ATV Trail system in the Marysvale area is one of the most extensive in the state. It offers a wide range of trails, from easy to challenging, passing through forests, canyons, and mountains.
- Uinta National Forest: This forest offers various UTV trails with beautiful alpine scenery. The “Mirror Lake Highway” trail is a popular choice, taking you through lush forests and past pristine lakes.
- Gooseberry Reservoir Trail: This trail offers a mix of forested areas and open meadows. It’s known for its stunning wildflower displays in the summer.
Gooseberry Reservoir Trail
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park: This unique park features massive sand dunes and offers a different UTV experience. The sand dunes provide opportunities for dune riding and exploration.
- American Fork Canyon: The “Tibble Fork” trail in American Fork Canyon is a popular choice for UTV riders. It offers a combination of forested paths and scenic viewpoints.
- Five Mile Pass Recreation Area: This area is close to the Salt Lake City area and offers a range of trails suitable for different skill levels. It’s a convenient option for those looking for a day of UTV adventure.
Using dual batteries in a UTV (Utility Terrain Vehicle) when tackling trails in Utah or any off-road environment can offer several advantages. Off-road enthusiasts often opt for dual battery setups for the following reasons:
- Backup Power: If one battery fails due to any reason, you have a backup battery to rely on. This is especially important when you’re far from civilization or in remote areas where getting assistance might be difficult.
- Reduced Strain on a Single Battery: Using a single battery to power all your accessories and the vehicle’s electrical demands can put significant strain on it. Dual batteries with isolators distribute the load, potentially prolonging the lifespan of both batteries.
- 100% Optimized Charging: With a dual battery setup, you can employ a UTV dual battery isolator or battery management system that ensures one battery is primarily used for starting the vehicle while the other powers accessories. This prevents accessory usage from draining the starting battery and ensures you always have enough power to start the vehicle.
It’s important to note that installing a dual battery setup requires proper wiring, battery management or dual battery isolator system, and potentially some modifications to the vehicle’s electrical system. If you’re considering adding dual batteries to your UTV, it’s recommended to consult with TrueAm staff. Our experts have long experience with such installations to ensure safety and optimal performance.